Starting September 2016, renewal of car roadtax and insurance no longer need car grants. Begining June 2016, old grant changed to vehicle ownership (VOC) . With this VOC certificate, there is no back print on the grant after renewal of roadtax.
- To renew car roadtax, you just need to remember vehicle registration number and IC number of vehicle owner. You do not have to bring a grant or VOC.
- For those who do not have any records at the insurance agent company, you must bring grant or VOC because the vehicle information is needed such as engine and chasis number.
- If want to add extra name drivers you need to have their IC number. For additional third, fourth and next name drivers will be charge RM10 per person.
- If want to add windscreen cover, you need to bring a clear picture of front, back, left and right mirrors of the car.
- Moreover, there are other insurance cover for your car such as special perils, legal liability, compensation for assesed repair time and many more.
*Transfer of vehicle registration card – RC (green card) to vehicle ownership certificate (VOC) can only be done at JPJ.